Prepare for Virtual Training
We’ve been closely monitoring the news and hold health and safety as a top priority. For your convenience, safety, and to accommodate this unexpected situation, we’re moving the remainder of our private and group training sessions online.
We’re really excited to provide this opportunity!
We’ll meet at your scheduled session date and time, but from the comfort of your living room on your laptop or smartphone! There is no doubt that the reduced distractions by working with your dog at home will accelerate their learning so that once this health scare is over, you’ll be able to confidently rejoin the public or future classes with a highly skilled dog that will have strong foundations.
During our video calls, we’ll continue covering the same dog training skills that would have been in the Studio. I’ll explain, demonstrate, answer questions, and provide feedback for each exercise - just like I would in-person!
Video calls are quite effective! They save you time, you don’t have to haul everyone to the studio, your dog is more relaxed training in a familiar environment, and I can coach you through the training exercises by demonstrating with my own dogs.
Virtual sessions can also provide great entertainment the whole family can participate in - which produces even better results since everyone will be on the same page!
You will receive an email with an access link before your scheduled session.
All virtual dog training sessions will be recorded and provided to you at no extra cost, which is something we’re looking forward to offering and isn’t something we can typically provide with in-person sessions. You’ll be able to refer back to our training sessions any time prior to their expiration date (365 days after recording).
Have any questions? Please let us know and we’ll be happy to answer them. Please stay healthy and I look forward to seeing you in our virtual session!
Thanks for being flexible and signing up for Virtual Training sessions. There are so many benefits to running dog training sessions on this online platform, and I am eager to share this program with you!
#1 You will receive an access link for your zoom meetings, recordings, and session notes.
#2 You may want to set up the Zoom app on your device (smartphone, tablet, or computer), but this is not required. You can run the zoom session through a browser, if you prefer. Keep in mind that the video stream will require internet access. If used on devices that use cellular data, make sure you have unlimited data or are connected to Wi-Fi.
Here's a quick tutorial on how to install Zoom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhAEoCF7jg&list=PLKpRxBfeD1kEM_I1lId3N_Xl77fKDzSXe&index=1
#3 Be prepared for our training session!
● Making sure you will be uninterrupted (unless there's an emergency) during our 1 hour class session.
● Keeping your dog leashed or tethered nearby, throughout the session, so they are accessible and ready to train.
● Having MANY tasty training treats ready (plus a hungry dog). It is also a good idea to have a variety of training treats available in case your dog gets bored with a certain type.
● Having a VERY interesting chew item (stuffed, frozen Kong / bully stick / marrow bone / etc.) for your dog to quietly work on during the lecture portions of the session.
● Setting up a mat or dog bed next to you for the dog to practice relaxing on during the lecture portions of the session.
#4 Attend the class session at the scheduled time via the provided Zoom Meeting ID link. Virtual class sessions will be structured similarly to in-person class sessions.
● Class starts with everyone coming into the session and getting situated.
● There will be trainer lecture portions where class attendees will be muted.
● There will be multiple question & answer opportunities where attendees will be un-muted to participate in group discussions.
● There is also a bonus "chat" feature where attendees can ask questions outside of the un-muted Q&A period.
● There will be a trainer demonstration of the exercises.
● There will be an opportunity to practice the exercise with your own dog while receiving trainer feedback (be sure to set up your video stream so the trainer can see you working with the dog).
#5 All Virtual Sessions are recorded and able to be distributed to class attendees. Pack Members (purchased training package) also receive a Self-Study online course with extra, detailed demo videos to add more examples and training material.
Tech Tips! You do not need to be tech savvy to participate in Virtual Sessions! If you have any questions, please contact us before your session and we will guide you through the process to make sure you are set up and ready to train during your class time.
You must have:
● Speakers and screen on your device
● Access to the internet (make sure to not use cell data, unless you have an unlimited plan)
● A polite and positive attitude when conversing with the trainer or other attendees
● A good quality camera and microphone on your device (smartphones work great these days!). Some older phones and computers may have poor quality audio and video recording. You do not need anything fancy, but adding a set of headphones with a built-in mic (you can get these for under $10) may make your learning experience go a little smoother.
● Setting up in a space where you have room to train your dog. A bedroom, living room, office, kitchen - anywhere where you have a few feet to move around your dog.
● Stabilizing your device. Computers can easily sit on a table, desk, counter, or even floor during your class sessions, but a phone or tablet may require a tripod or stand to remain stable enough for the trainer to view your practice sessions with your dog.
Please let us know if we can help you or answer any questions prior to your first Virtual Session! I am excited to see you guys online soon!